- U.S. Department of Health & Human Serviceswww.hhs.gov
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | COVID-19www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Louisiana Department of Health | COVID-19www.ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus
- WHO Response | COVID-19www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Physical Distancing The CDC recommends distancing yourself six (6) feet away from others, as the virus spreads from person to person.
- Handwashing Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds regularly. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and those with unsanitized hands.
- Disinfect high-touch objects
- Practice good hygiene and self-care habits.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. If you must, cough and sneeze into your inner elbow.
- Handwash regularly.
- Wear a face mask when going outside.
- When greeting others, use non-contact ways.
HOME SAFETY TIPS
- Disinfect high-touch objects (tables, handrails, doorknobs, etc.) every day.
- Increase in-home ventilation.
COVID-19 symptoms may appear up to 14 days after acquiring the virus. Here are the symptoms to watch out for as per the CDC:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting